Sunday 17 June 2012

My first Bak Kut Teh!



And it was a success! At least the ME with high expectations for myself think it's nice. I oredi planned to go downstairs and the BKT then replace with mine if it's screwed. But surprisingly, it smells heavenly.

My recipe:
everything can be found at Fairprice.

1. Pork prime ribs 2 packets (house brand)
2. SEAH spice premix
3. Garlic 8 mini clusters
4. Pepper
5. Salt and sugar

How to do:
1. I've actually marinated the pork ribs the night before. Wash clean then rub salt on them. Put it in zip lock bag, and fridge them.

2. OK, morning comes and I take out the ribs from the fridge. Wash again, remove excessive salt. Boil the ribs for 5 min to remove dirty stuff. Add sugar, help to tenderize the meat. Soft soft meat later!

3. Rinse the pork with cold water. Let cool.

4. Prepare the pot u need to boil the soup. Add A little bit of oil. Really like one teaspoon only as the pork will produce oil to your soup later. Chop one mini garlic and fry till fragrant. Add in the pork and fry a min.

5. Add about 1.5l of water. Add spice premix. Bring pot to boil.

6. Add the rest of the garlic in tact with the skin on. Of course, wash first.

7. OK, then on slow heat, simmer soup for an hour or so. You will smell the heavenly bkt in your whole house. That was how my bro in law woke up.

8. 5 min before u serve, add pepper to taste. Depends how spicy you want it.

Optional: u can add beancurd skin and taopo. Or some cabbage leaves. Look more fulfilling.

Tadah! you will one nice BKT waiting.

I'm so proud of myself. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment