Sunday 17 June 2012

Happy Fathers Day!

baby, if you were to come out before today, Daddy would be able to spend his FIRST Father's Day! :)

But its ok lar, daddy feel your presence anyway. Since its Father's Day, mummy is gonna write about my daddy, your gong gong.

You know baby, since young, i was brought up in an environment that my daddy was the "weakest" person in the family, he has no say in anything, coz the "power" goes to my mum. He was always behind my mum. My brothers said he has always been a coward, always behind my mum. And since young, I was brought up with the mentality, and so not much respect was given fairly to my dad.

Gradually when I grow up, and I started working, my thoughts become more mature, and due to external influences from friends, colleagues, and other factors, I learn to see things from another perspective, and that is how I change my view of my father only recently. In fact, I think he is the strongest man in the family, with the strongest mentality.

My father is not an educated person, but I can say he is a successful man. From nothing, nothing at all, he builds up his business with sharing from other partners, but later on failed, and he fights alone, and now he is still maintaining his business at 74 years old. From no knowledge at all, he is good at managing his investments - stocks and shares. That is where the money source comes from, for our above-average living standards at home.

With a degree education, I may not be able to earn what he had earned and invested in his life time.

Sometimes I wonder, why isn't he a wonder dad to his children? They always say mean things about him, but in actual fact, he had accomplished things that all of them are never capable of.


1. He pays for ALL our things and education. He never said things like "You want, you go work and get it yourself lor." He gave me my pocket allowance (when I was till schooling) on time, never missed a day. He even trusted me to give me and my 3rd brother a sub credit card. But of course, I have never betrayed his trust on that. I guess its a mutual trust and respect thing.

2. He loves my mum, beyond words can describe. If there is already no love, at least his responsibility as a husband stays very strong. My mother is horrendous when she throws her tantrums. She yells, shouts, threatens, fights, throw things, totally no respect for the husband. But ALL the times, my dad gives in. EVERY TIME. How many men can do that? Even now when my mum has slight dementia case and she forgets things and gets violent sometimes (when she has false illusions), my dad stays with her. He doesn't do things that my mum doesn't like. He stopped smoking. He stopped gambling. He doesn't have a life of his own. When he is not working, he is at home with mum. He always comes back after work then bring her for dinner, although 80% she will throw tantrums over dinner. He stays with her and "let her win" under all scenario. Seriously I dunno how many men can do that.

Men nowadays cant even stand a niam-ing wife, let allow a wife who forgets easily and tend to have false illusions then gets violent.

3. As a father, he has never given us any pressure at all. Ok, i dunno is that good or bad. Maybe his role as a father, to him, is to be able to buy us what we want. He is a man who had gone through quite a bit in life, and someone who has got alot to share to others. But he is gonna tell you his 福海大厦story... and a looooonnnnggggg one. haha!

4. He is always cheerful and positive. He is always smiley. Sometimes, i wonder how he does that. He is always happy to see us. He is always OK with whatever foods we want to bring him to. Mister OK is his nick.

I think, for the 4 bench marks above, not many men can be anywhere close.

My mother is lucky to have married a man who fulfilled his vow.

And, that's why I think my dad is super extraordinary.

Happy Fathers' Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment