Sunday 17 June 2012

29 days to go...

And hello, manfred baby.

Wow... finally we are in our final month of being as ONE. I hope it was a pleasant journey for you and hope you had as much fun as I have had these 9 months.

Yup, 9 months already, but sometimes I still cant believe that I'm gonna be a mother. Every time when I walked pass a mirror or something that reflects my tummy, there is this "amazing" feeling inside me as I thought to myself, "my baby is inside".

As much as I wanna protect you and for as long as I could, you are gonna be independent in a few weeks to come. The moment will come when the both of us are gonna work really hard together and PUSH! I know I can only help you that much to PUSH, but u have to JIAYOU too. Hope daddy can be there to encourage us through.

Im getting really nervous. I dunno like how will you send me the signal. Will it be my water bag burst, or "the show", or stomach pain contractions??

Manfred bb, can you be so nice to hint me via "the show", instead of water bag burst? Or maybe starting with some mild contractions also can lar.

Today daddy and i have packed the hospital bag (Part 1). Mummy forgot to get the disposable panties, need to get them soon, like maybe tmrw. And while I was packing your stuff, I realised you would only have 3 sets of clothes to inter-change until u r 3 months old, then u would have more clothes. Aiyo, why mummy so blurrr! Ok, need to get more clothes for you, else you're really gonna wrap towel liao. Sugaraunt can sponsor your towels, she said. More sexy! haha! Anyway Im still contemplating whether to let you wear diapers or cloth diapers, then ask confinement auntie to wash. hehe!

Thinking back, my mentality has always been very traditional kind and follow the "old wives" way, until recently, I have a different view to things. You know they said during confinement, mummies not allowed to blow fan, bathe, wash hair, on air con.. blablabla. I used to be very confident that I can fulfill all.. but not now. Singapore's weather is SO HOT, how not to on aircon??? How not to bathe? Maybe ask confinement aunty to boil the herbal water for mummy to bathe and wash hair lor. And not on-ing aircon is NO-NO! Imagine you are gonna latch on mummy, and im all so sweaty. Eeeek!! So unhygienic for my baby! >,,< How can?

Actually still thinking if I wanna do confinement at 婆婆 place or 奶奶 place. Hmm... Not like both your grandmothers (maternal/paternal) will be very helpful, or to help in confinement.

These are my thoughts...

If I stay at 奶奶 place:

1. I dunno how clean or not clean is the confinement aunty, if she makes a mess out of the kitchen, your 奶奶 is not gonna be very pleased.

2. Im sure Im gonna on the aircon - 24/7. Yes, WHOLE DAY! or maybe at best, MOST of the day... I think your 奶奶 is gonna faint. I will fork out money to pay for the electricity bills, of course. But still.. you know...

3. I feel bad that ah zhuang shushu gotta let the confinement aunty sleep in his room, and he gotta sleep in the living room. So ke lian.


If I stay at 婆婆 place:


1. I can on air-con, confinement aunty can sleep in the extra bed room, noone has to sleep in the living room, and my mum is not very particular about a sparkling clean kitchen.

2. Your 二舅母 can drop by often to see see look look. Maybe cook some delicious confinement foods for me!

3. BUT, THERE IS ONLY ONE PROBLEM... AND THE PROBLEM IS WE DUNNO THE PROBLEM (yet)! because you know 婆婆 has a little bit of a dementia case, so we dunno when will she have false illusions and go "mad" again. Sigh! And this can be the biggest threat of all challenges. Imagine if that happens, we will have to pack our bags to leave, and return to 奶奶 place. Aiyo!


Very poor thing hor. Not like many new-mummies whereby their mummies (maternal side) will take care of their daughters during confinement. Your Mummy has to be very independent and learn quickly how to take care of you. When the confinement aunty leaves after one month, its only mummy and you at home. hah! U have to be a good boy ok? U know im not fabulous with kids, especially new born. I havent even carried one yet! You are so gonna be the FIRST new born that I carry. :P 有没有一点怕怕。Ok lar, give your mummy some trust. Hello, maternal instinct leh!

And yes, Im gonna discuss the above issue with your daddy and see his opinions.

Oh, by the way, Daddy has quit smoking for 6 days... going to be a WEEK soon! Yuppie, we are so proud of him. Really. Daddy, you r manfred's champion dad! Continue with your determination and willpower ok? The first thing when you see manfred, you are gonna kiss him and said "hi baby, i've quit smoking." Anyway, manfred has been taking in your second and third hand smoke for the past 8 months you know.

YOU OWE US COCONUTS. haha!

Yes, I've forgotten to drink COCONUT water, which i should have started during my 8th month! Ahhh!! Daddy, we wanna drink coconut water tmr. Those bigbig green color coconuts, not the thai small small ones ok?

Oh, on a side note, Im gonna cook Bah ku Teh tmrw, since daddy has craving for it after his bball session tmr.

P.S.. as I stopped here to feel bb manfred, he is so quiet in my tummy, ahh, must be sleeping already. But his two limbs were like stretched out position, can feel the 2 lumps on the sides of my tummy. So I slightly shake him up a little. He closed back his open limbs and continue to sleep, i suppose. SO CUTE NEH~~

Okie, shall write more again. Going to read bed time story for my boy, since his daddy is not around. :P

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment