Thursday 28 June 2012

Losing a Friend.

Having to lose a friend is never easy.

To me, a friend who used to be a Dear to me, and suddenly just lost it like that, is a heart break to me. It's almost like a break up, and could take months/years to heal. I know, I don't look like someone who cares about losing a friend. But the inner side of me, is actually a very attached person. Once I like a person, it takes time to "unlike" and forget. Surface is what you see, but you don't judge me by my hard cover.

It's true that it's not a matter how long you know the person, or how well you truly know the person, but it's how much good and bad memories you two share together.

Someone who can "click" with me, is not easy to find, as I'm not someone who is born with the friendly blood. It's only FATE if I can click with one without much "masking" on the face. Fatefully yours. I treasure each and every one who has been through thin and thick with me, thou I may not voice it out. But in my heart, I feel really blessed and lucky. :)

I may not be the best someone you go shopping with, or the best someone you go clubbing with. But I know, when my friends need me during their down times, I will be there. I don't mind writing a song or two for you when you needed some encouragement. I m ok to be a clown to make you laugh during your down times. And I'm not someone to count to the nearest dollar and cent with my friends. But if you are one of those who diedie must count to every single cent with me, then I may do the same to you lar. I always believe that there is no equality or fair share between good friends. Sometimes you win a little, sometimes you lose a little. It's like that. That's what makes a relationship balanced.

I can be stubborn at times, or rudely show my impatience at times, but I won't hold any grudges lar. Sleep, wake up and its a brand new day! Noone is perfect. Everyone has their flaws, even your chosen partner.

Yes, friends come and go, some merely left footsteps, some walked the your journey with you. Some footsteps trails are longer, some are shorter, but every trails of footsteps have their stories to tell.

Some friends move on happy without you, some stay with you - no matter what. If it's their happier choice, I wish them love and happiness. Sometimes, feelings change. Relationships have a different turn in direction. Sometimes more suitable people come into your life and you drop your old friends along the way. I guess that is part & parcel of life which I have to learn to move on.

There is no "forever", as much as many people hope it could exist. Just be glad you were blessed with such a good friend once. 

A song for all my lost friends who were once very very dear to me. :) It's a pity we can't be Best Friends Forever, like what we thought we could till end of time. I will definitely still smile at the good and silly, but fond memories that we have shared, even when I'm sharing them with my grand children. Now, it's time to let go, give my heart a little time to heal the pain, and bid goodbye to you. I wish life treats you good and bless you with all the happiness you've ever deserved.

Till then...

I wish you love. 

I wish you bluebirds in the Spring, To give your heart a song to sing; And then a kiss, but more than this I wish you love. And in July, a lemonade, To cool you in some leafy glade; I wish you health and more than wealth, I wish you love.
My breaking heart and I agree That you and I could never be, So with my best, my very best, I set you free. I wish you shelter from the storm, A cozy fire to keep you warm; But most of all, when snowflakes fall, I wish you love.





No comments:

Post a Comment