Thursday 15 December 2011

Pantang belief about pregnancy

BB, we will TRY ok??? hehe

Mummy got this from other mummies' blogs.

Share this with you first...
NO drilling, nailing, painting, cementing, hammering or removing anything from walls, shifting of furniture with the pregnant lady around. Belief is such tt the baby's spirit is always following the mum... if at home, it can be anyway including by the wall... so older people say when you do these, you might accidently nail/paint/cement/drill the spirit.
if you believe it but HAVE to do it, older folks suggest saying out loud "excuse me, we are going to XXXX" 3 times to make sure our baby spirit hears it.

BB, are you always following mummy and daddy? Then we must be very careful when we do things hor. If you hear loud sounds when we are walking on the streets, dont be scared ok? Just stay close close to mummy or daddy. We will protect u! :) You are our precious gem.

The other mummies suggested that sometimes when we are outside and cannot avoid things like people drilling and painting, mummy will have to tell you that other people are doing painting/drilling, and BB will have to siam them ok? Be street-smart ok? heh heh !

Somemore pantangs to come....

  1. In the 1st 3 months of pregnancy, do not tell anyone that you are pregnant. Else may not make it through.
  2. Do not drill or hammer nails during pregnancy. If you need to, just get out of the house and say 'Baby, we are going out now'. My feng shui master advised me on this when we had to install air conds in the house.
  3. Do not go to a place where construction is in progress.
  4. Do not shift house
  5. Do not cut - especially on the bed - else baby will have hair-lipped
  6. Do not sew else some parts of baby will be 'sewn' together
  7. Do not paste things in the bedroom. My Ryan has a birthmark on his chect. Someone asks me once if I pasted anything while I was pregnant. I pasted/stuck baby posters on the walls in the bedroom. Hmmm
  8. Cannot go to any full moon celebrations when you are pregnant. 'Chung'/against the celebration!
  9. Cannot move furnitures in your room - especially marriage bed/the bed that you are sleeping in
  10. Cannot attend funerals
  11. Cannot do gardening. Once when I was pregnant (about 1 month), I was planting grass and walk ways in my new house. I had a miscarriage after that. My hubby thought it could be because of that. But then again, the pregnancy was not strong to start off with. So...
  12. Cannot eat seafood like crab because 'tok'/has toxin. This one I believe because seafood can cause sensitive skins and I had a lot. Ended my kids have bad eczema. My daughter is ok so far as I controlled my intake.
  13. Do not eat lamb ('yeung' in cantonese) - else baby gets 'fat yeung tiu'/epilepsy. I was laughing about this. Just because the animal is called 'yeung' doesn't mean you'll get 'fat yeung tiu'. Other when you eat chicken/'kai', you'll get 'fat kai won' la!! Some got irritated with me about this!! Hehe!
  14. Do not watch animals like monkey else the baby will look like monkey (eg). now this one has some science behind this and it was proven. So better believe it. Some saids it was due to constant exposure or when you had a shock when you see the animal. Not sure. Better avoid. But easier said than done coz TV and Astro love to show animals!
  15. Do not watch horror shows
  16. Do not eat cool things like watermelon, herbal drink etc. Avoid fruits in the 1st 4 months. May cause miscarriage. I definitely followed this as my Chinese medical practitioner advised this
  17. Cannot eat sotongs! :((

No comments:

Post a Comment