Tuesday 3 September 2013

A Stay Home Mum for a week! (and his everyday schedule/timetable)

Last week I stayed home with Manfred for the whole week coz Aunty Nancy (aka his babysitter) had her family issue to attend to - her brother passed away. :( And the hubby had got Reservist to attend to. At first I wasn't the most confident to be able to handle the naughty boy 24/7 for a week, but i thought, if I couldn't, who possibly could do better (other than Aunty Nancy)?

And Tadah! I m proud of myself.

And roughtly, his time table went like this. I guess end of the day, sticking to a timetable really helps and works. Easier for the mother and child. Mum has a hour or so to nua abit after rushing through some chores while baby is sleeping.

8.30am-9am - Good morning! Milk for Breakfast/ Change of Diaper/ Little bit of Clean up
9.30am - 11am - Play / Play / Play
11am + - Pram Pram ride to Fernvale Point market to buy food and if weather is good (aka not too sunny), off we went to the playground for some exciting climbing (not for the faint hearted)
12pm - Home. Lunch (either porridge/cereal). Bathe!
1pm ++ - Nap Time. And he rolled and rolled and rolled to his favourite position before he knocked out to lala land.
3pm ++ - Woke up from nap. Milk for high-tea. Play on his own, or if I have the time to spare (from my work stuff), we will play together. :D
.
.
.
.
.
6pm - Dinner time. Porridge/Cereal option. Depends mummy feel lazy or not.

After (his) dinner, we would normally go out for a walk or for the adults' dinner. I am so blessed to have awesome neighbours like Joey and Alex. When the hubby couldn't make it home early last week coz he was 'serving the country', the neighbours 'jio' me (and Manfred) for dinner. Alex drove us to Lim Tua Tao for some Taiwanese cuisine. :)

And, it was so fortunate that it was Yujing's vacation and she dropped by to 捣蛋 'accompany' us too. She stayed over for a night on Thursday too! And this girl went to sell shoes starting yesterday, at Charles & Keith. Yay! I'm going to ION to bug her for discounts!


After thoughts... 

1. It's really not easy being a working mum. When things like this does happen, the first emotionally affected person is Le Boss. In my team at work, I need to jagar my AE team, but when I m not around, he will have to take over this responsibility. I don't blame him for feeling sianz about me taking a one week urgent leave, but I have no control over such things when it happened. We all do understand on this. But ... still...

Maybe I should accelerate on setting my own biz, and so I would also have the flexibility in my own time and schedule. No more black face from le boss. And if so, what should I be selling? Product? Service? I really need to step up on this! I even went online to buy a e-book by Moon Loh which cost me $50. She's a mumpreneur. Still reading, and shall see how that book helps.

There are also many mumpreneurs who are indeed inspiring. http://mumsatwork.net/blog/?cat=11

2. Even if I can't set up my own biz yet, i would appreciate better a mummy-friendly working hour. Anything that could end work by 5.30pm? So that when I reach home, I still have ample time for my house, for Manfred, for myself. :)

For now, I reach home at about 9pm on the average after fetching Manfred from Aunty Nancy's place. Tell me, where do I squeeze time for Manfred when he is sleeping at about 10pm? And 10pm is quite a late timing for babies his age. And And And, I have to do the house chores. So, what we do is, one adult (normally the daddy) to settle Manfred (clean him up, feed him, pat him to sleep), while le me will bathe, and then settle the house chores. By the time we are done, it's already 11ish. Catch some TVs, and fold some clothes, and before we know it, it's already time for bed and we are so tired. And this cycle repeats itself from Monday to Friday.

Iwannaworkfromhome. 





No comments:

Post a Comment