Tuesday 28 May 2013

Toys Review: FISHERPRICE Sing With Me CD Player VS Vtech Rock n Roll Radio

Manfred baby LOVES toys with music & light and so when I saw vtech rock n roll radio at Taka departmental, I knew i got to get that for him. He held it in his pram and he was so refusing to pass the toy back to me, until i gotta force it from him and go pay for it. :) 
Forgot exactly how much but its in the SGD$30s range. 

What I love about this toy is that no matter where you press/turn, there is light and music, and and and... Manfred is still loving it now. He seldom has loyalty for his toys, but this one does! 

And I love it becoz its so handy. So, just nice for his little hands. 

The music is very cheery kind of music. I always leave this little handy toy in the car coz when we are travelling in the car, this toy can entertain him for the whole journey. Especially when at night, the lights are more obvious. Actually the light only lit up through the green and red button, but thats quite enough keep my son entertained. haha.  

Next up, I saw the Fisher-price Sing Along with me cd player at toys r us (united sq). Price is around the same as the vtech radio. I thought Manfred may like this too. So I got it.

Hmm, as there are 4 specific buttons to press to get the sound and light, my son didn't know how to "operate" this toy at first so I gotta teach him. After a few failed attempts and some passed attempted, he didn't quite like it. And, it was too big for him, not very handy compared to vtech's.

And that radio fell onto his face a couple of times. (too heavy for a barely one year old to handle I guess).

And this is now in the toys box. :P I guess I may still let him try when he gets a little bit older and see how he would react to it. Maybe by then he would know how to "insert" the CDs into the slot. :) Though the box says 6 months - 36 months, I dont think i would recommend to those not yet 12 months.

My verdict for now: Vtech wins.
1. Its handy.

2. Almost anywhere that Manfred's hands/fingers land on, there's sound and light, he loves it. He doesn't specially gotta like "press that button". Like I say, when he grows up a little, he may like it. Not sure about that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment